The Fitness Center at the Nuclear Power Training Unit NPTU Ballston Spa is a great option for staying in shape before, during, and after work. Located right next to the entrance, NPTU Fitness Center is open 24 hours a day! The Center features a large cardio/multi-purpose room that is well-stocked with exercise equipment to help you focus on agility, your core, and more. NPTU Fitness Center also has a strength training area with plenty of options to keep you strong.
If you prefer more organized activities, you’re covered for that too! The Fitness Specialist plans intramural leagues, weekend tournaments, golf outings, fitness challenges, group exercise classes, and fitness forums. Come see what the NPTU Fitness Center has to offer!
Eligibility: Active duty military, DoD, DOE employees who work on the site. Active duty and dependents are eligible for a free membership to the local YMCA.
Amenities: Day lockers are available free of charge. Showers – shower shoes encouraged, please clean up after yourself.
- Classes – Core, Resistance training, Fitness Enhancement, Navy Operational Fitness & Fueling System NOFFS, Instructor’s choice, Participant’s choice
- Instruction – Form 1st Forums monthly, Nutritional classes quarterly
- Personal training by appointment
- Incentive programs/challenges/contests on-going weekly and monthly
Did you know NSA Saratoga Springs MWR Fitness offers personalized training? It’s free to all active duty. After signing up you will receive an advanced physical fitness assessment that also includes a functional movement screen. Once complete you will meet with staff to determine which of the options below best fit your goals and needs.
One-on-one personal training
Small group training (2 to 5 people)
Customized training plan
For more information contact MWR Fitness Program Manager at 518-884-1851
Saratoga Regional YMCA Membership:
MWR Saratoga offers free membership, to the five branches of the Saratoga Regional YMCA (SRYMCA), for Active Duty; dependents of Active Duty listed in DEERS. The Saratoga Regional YMCA branches are as follows: Saratoga Springs, Wilton, Malta, Corinth, and Battenkill. The SRYMCA offers a variety of membership benefits, within the five branches it operates, to include:
- Programs for children, youth, adults, families and seniors
- Use of cardiovascular fitness equipment
- Steam/sauna rooms and whirlpool
- Free weight area
- Year-round running track and swimming pool
- Indoor tennis courts
- Many fitness programs without any additional cost
- Fitness assessment and follow-up
- KidzCare while working out (Saratoga Springs, Wilton, Battenkill and Malta)
- Field House
- Athletic Training Center
In addition to the above benefits, an NSA Saratoga Springs SRYMCA member may partake in select, subsidized classes.
For membership information about the YMCA go to https://srymca.org/
For more information about membership, contact MWR NSA at (518) 885-5138.
How are we doing? We value your feedback and would like to hear from you.