As of Friday, November 6 all NSA Saratoga Springs MWR facilities will remain closed until further notice due to HPCON posture change.
The Fitness Center at the Nuclear Power Training Unit (NPTU) Ballston Spa is a great option for staying in shape before, during, and after work. Located right next to the entrance, NPTU Fitness Center is open 24 hours a day! The Center features a large cardio/multi-purpose room that is well-stocked with exercise equipment to help you focus on agility, your core, and more. NPTU Fitness Center also has a strength training area with plenty of options to keep you strong.
If you prefer more organized activities, you’re covered for that too! The Fitness Specialist plans intramural leagues, weekend tournaments, golf outings, fitness challenges, group exercise classes, and fitness forums. Come see what the NPTU Fitness Center has to offer!
Active duty military, DoD, DOE employees who work on the site
Active duty and dependents are eligible for a free membership to the local YMCA.
Day lockers available free of charge.
Showers – shower shoes encouraged, please clean up after yourself.
- Classes – Core, Resistance training, Fitness Enhancement, Navy Operational Fitness & Fueling System (NOFFS), Instructor’s choice, Participant’s choice
- Instruction – Form 1st Forums monthly, Nutritional classes quarterly
- Personal training by appointment
- Incentive programs/challenges/contests on-going weekly and monthly
Saratoga Regional YMCA Membership:
MWR Saratoga offers free membership, to the five branches of the Saratoga Regional YMCA (SRYMCA), for Active Duty; dependents of Active Duty listed in DEERS; and DoN employees of NSA Saratoga Springs. The Saratoga Regional YMCA branches are as follows: Saratoga Springs, Wilton, Malta, Corinth, and Battenkill. The SRYMCA offers a variety of membership benefits, within the five branches it operates, to include:
- Programs for children, youth, adults, families and seniors
- Use of cardiovascular fitness equipment
- Steam/sauna rooms and whirlpool
- Free weight area
- Year-round running track and swimming pool
- Indoor tennis courts
- Many fitness programs without any additional cost
- Fitness assessment and follow-up
- KidzCare while working out (Saratoga Springs, Wilton, Battenkill and Malta)
- Field House
- Athletic Training Center
In addition to the above benefits, an NSA Saratoga Springs SRYMCA member may partake in select, subsidized classes.
For membership information about the YMCA go to http://srymca.org/
For more information about membership, contact MWR NSA at (518) 885-5138.